OASIS KIDZ PIZZA BAKING ON 21ST SEPTEMBER @ SENG KANG SPORTS & RECREATIONAL CENTRE, ANCHORVALE COMMUNITY CENTRE
- Wahah, in collaboration with Nanyang Girls High School Alumni Youth Wing ,organised Pizza Baking and Games Event for the children of Wahah. The event was originally scheduled to be held on a Saturday, 22 June 2013.
- Unfortunately, the haze situation and the advisory from the Ministry of Health, we had to postpone the event. Thus, after due deliberation, this programme was held on Saturday, 21 September 2013.
- Wahah staff Madam Aiffah, Miss Syazwani and Mr Suhaimi picked the children from the shelter and the transport arrived at the venue @ 9.30am.
- NANYANG Girl High School Alumni Youth Wing team cordially welcomed the children and their parents at the entrance of PASTAMANIA. A group photograph was taken at the entrance of PASTAMANIA with the banner spread at the forefront.
- PASTAMANIA staff was a dynamic lot and they enthusiastically ushered the children into the Pizza Baking workshop. The children donned the chef hat and apron and took their seats at the baking table.
- PASTAMANIA head chef briefed the history of pizza baking, the making processes and how it came to be popular today. The chefs did a live demonstration on how to bake a pizza. There was soothing music and the children were relaxed when they baked their pizza. They were thrilled at being able to bake and eat their own baked pizza for lunch.
- NANYANG Girls High School Alumni Youth Wing engaged the children, took photographs of them in Action. The children were given photographs of themselves taken with a Polaroid camera as souvenirs.
- After having their own baked lunch, the children were brought to the rooftop of the Sports Centre. At the open space, the kids participated in energetic games, quizzes; poster colouring and they created their own key-chains and DIY Shrinky Drinks.
- At hand was our Volunteer Miss Kah Mun Tham encouraging the children to be merry and have fun!
- NanyangGHSYA presented gifts to the children. Certificates were also presented to the children for qualifying as Junior Bakers.
- Madam Aiffah presented a token of Appreciation to Miss Sheena Tan’s team.
- The children gave a resounding hip hip hooray 3 Times for a superb treat !
- The programme ended @ 3.30 p.m.and the children were singing in the bus on their way home.
Inserted by Rajagopal, Case Manager