OASIS KIDZ PIZZA BAKING ON 21ST SEPTEMBER @ SENG KANG SPORTS & RECREATIONAL CENTRE, ANCHORVALE COMMUNITY CENTRE
- Wahah, in collaboration with Nanyang Girls High School Alumni Youth Wing ,organised Pizza Baking and Games Event for the children of Wahah. The event was originally scheduled to be held on a Saturday, 22 June 2013.
- Unfortunately, the haze situation and the advisory from the Ministry of Health, we had to postpone the event. Thus, after due deliberation, this programme was held on Saturday, 21 September 2013.
- Wahah staff Madam Aiffah, Miss Syazwani and Mr Suhaimi picked the children from the shelter and the transport arrived at the venue @ 9.30am.
- NANYANG Girl High School Alumni Youth Wing team cordially welcomed the children and their parents at the entrance of PASTAMANIA. A group photograph was taken at the entrance of PASTAMANIA with the banner spread at the forefront.
- PASTAMANIA staff was a dynamic lot and they enthusiastically ushered the children into the Pizza Baking workshop. The children donned the chef hat and apron and took their seats at the baking table.
- PASTAMANIA head chef briefed the history of pizza baking, the making processes and how it came to be popular today. The chefs did a live demonstration on how to bake a pizza. There was soothing music and the children were relaxed when they baked their pizza. They were thrilled at being able to bake and eat their own baked pizza for lunch.
- NANYANG Girls High School Alumni Youth Wing engaged the children, took photographs of them in Action. The children were given photographs of themselves taken with a Polaroid camera as souvenirs.
- After having their own baked lunch, the children were brought to the rooftop of the Sports Centre. At the open space, the kids participated in energetic games, quizzes; poster colouring and they created their own key-chains and DIY Shrinky Drinks.
- At hand was our Volunteer Miss Kah Mun Tham encouraging the children to be merry and have fun!
- NanyangGHSYA presented gifts to the children. Certificates were also presented to the children for qualifying as Junior Bakers.
- Madam Aiffah presented a token of Appreciation to Miss Sheena Tan’s team.
- The children gave a resounding hip hip hooray 3 Times for a superb treat !
- The programme ended @ 3.30 p.m.and the children were singing in the bus on their way home.
Inserted by Rajagopal, Case Manager
On 28th Sep 2013, South East Mosque Cluster (SEMC) organised
“ Rahmatan Lil Alamin (RLA) Event, translated as ““Be Gracious and Radiate Blessings to All – Appreciating & Caring for children.”
The Event exemplifies the joy of seeing children being happy in their own magical world, sharing their laughter and delights candidly.
- Wahah children and their families were invited to the Event. The event was held at Kg Chai Chee Community Club. The children donned colourful T-shirts provided by the organizer and they were excited while waiting for the transport to pick them up. For the safety of the children,Wahah staff, Madam Aiffah, Miss Syazwani and Mr Rajagopal were at hand at the pick-up points to chaperon the children to Kg. Chai Chee Community Club.
- Macdonald’s breakfast was served on the children’s arrival.
- The children were greeted to a “Magic show” while they were tucking in the food.
- The guest- of- honour was Mr Tan Chuan-Jin, the Acting Minister for Manpower, who was also the MP of Marine Parade, GRC.
- The GOH gave an inspiration talk, urging the children to strive for the best and excel in their studies.
- The organizers also doubled up as clowns and paraded around the tables, poked fun and made the children laugh. The ‘clowns’ gave souvenirs to the kids. Soon after the children were treated to a sumptuous lunch of chicken rice followed with grapes for dessert.
- Immediately after lunch, the children dashed towards the playground where inflatable castle with slides were erected. They were also hosted to kiddy train rides. They also received prizes from the organizers for answering quizzes. All the children were given goody bags. Our own amateur photographer,Mr Suhaimi was busy clicking away the photographs of the children in action.
- JPA(Adam) volunteers headed by Mr Ridzuwan lend support to the Event.
- It was indeed a wonderful & Fun-filled Event for Wahah children and their families. On the journey back, some of the children were too tired after having so much fun that they fell asleep in the bus.
Inserted by Suhaimi Karim, Wahah Welfare Officer.